Tuesday, November 17, 2009

how an artist lives

she's an artist for the company papaya. her name is anahata katkin.
her home looks like an artist put it together. enjoy. her blog goes on the list today.


Home Again...by Anahata Katkin

Housepost

Doing art pieces has been my first love. But I'd say I've had a love affair with interiors since I was a child. To me the idea of home and the interest in personal spaces goes hand in hand with an artists perspective.

Rooms

My home is always a mix of West Coast artist originals, folk art and traditional textiles from all over the world and a few of my own pieces. I can't resist modern goodies, foreign relics, and good old bohemian flair. I've tried to limit my palette at times but have since given in to my cornucopia of interests and visual loves.Kitchen

This is a new home for me. We just moved in last week and I'm enjoying having such a deep, historical house to play with. It feels good to have a sturdy home after my year in Belize. I've transplanted many of my paintings from the island and given them a place within the moody, Northwest bungalow.

Livingroom

You can be sure I'll be tinkering away on new PAPAYA! designs from my office wearing pajamas and sliding around in my socks! How does your inner perspective and love of Earthly goods translate in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment